If you’ve got an account with ME that generates interest, it’s probably a good idea for you to supply your tax file number to ME.

That’s because if we don’t have your tax file number on record we’re required by law to deduct withholding tax from any of your accounts that earn more than $120 worth of interest.

Having said that, you’re never obliged to give us your tax file number – it’s entirely up to you.

Supplying your tax file number

You can let us know your tax file number at any time using internet banking.

  1. Click ‘my details’ then ‘view personal details’
  2. Click ‘get SMS’ to receive SMS authentication code to access your details
  3. Scroll down to ‘Tax file number details’ and click the drop down box
  4. Enter your Tax File Number or exemption reason
  5. Click ‘update’

You can also supply your TFN by sending us a message using internet banking or calling 13 15 63.

Did you find this page useful?
We're sorry, please tell us why?
Please leave your feedback before submitting.
Please note: This form is for website feedback, so enquiries won't reach our customer service team. If you need to get in touch, call or email us here.
Thanks for giving ME feedback.