Let ME help you.

Let ME help you.

Life can take unexpected turns that sometimes make it difficult for you to maintain your account repayments. Perhaps you have lost your job, suffered an illness or injury or have been impacted by a natural disaster like a bushfire, cyclone or flood.

If you find yourself with financial hardship, we encourage you to talk to us as soon as possible about how your change in circumstances is impacting your financial position. 

We have a dedicated hardship assistance team that, in many instances, can make a temporary arrangement to help get you back on your feet.

Natural Disaster Support.

Natural Disaster Support.

ME Bank is activating its Emergency Fast Track Relief assistance for customers who have been impacted by severe weather events.

With dangerous conditions affecting regions across the country, the safety of customers is the highest priority. Once safe to do so, impacted ME Bank customers are encouraged to contact the Customer Assistance team on 1300 500 520 to discuss the options available to them.

The Fast Track process provides urgent access to support for ME Bank customers affected by the severe weather, where they can discuss financial relief available including:
  • 90 day deferral of loan repayments (i.e. Home Loans, Personal Loans) which may be capitalised to the loan over the remaining term;
  • Waiver of fees associated with transactions relating to the financial difficulty assistance;
  • Early release of funds held in customer Term Deposits  (including waiver of fee).
For emergency help in severe weather call the State Emergency Service on 132 500 or call 000 for life-threatening emergencies.

Getting back on track.

When you speak with us, it is important for you to be as open and realistic as you can be about your financial position. In turn, we will be compassionate in trying to understand your situation and discussing ways we can help.

Contact us

Reach out to us as early as possible. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can try to help.

The best way to let us know about your situation is to call ME on 1300 500 520

Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5pm (AEST/AEDT)

Contact us

After hours

After hours? Call ME on 13 15 63

Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm (AEST/AEDT)
Saturday 9am – 5pm (AEST/AEDT)

Alternative options

You use the National Relay Service or TIS

How we can help.

ME offers a range of support options and the assistance provided will depend on your individual circumstances and needs. 

After speaking with someone from our hardship assistance team, we will assess your current financial position and try and work out the best solution to help get you back on track.

What if you are not satisfied?

Financial hardship and credit reporting

Hardship assistance may take different forms depending on your circumstances and what is agreed with our hardship assistance team. 

Financial counselling resources and support services.

There are services available to assist in times of financial hardship.

National Debt Helpline

Financial debt helpline that provides free, independent and confidential financial counselling

Learn more

Department of Human Services

Access to government services such as Centrelink & Medicare

Learn more

ASIC Money Smart

 Information and tools to help make the most of your money, including information about how to manage your debts

Learn more

ME's Financial Education Hub

Equip yourself with knowledge about budgeting, debt, saving and making the bacon.

Learn with ME

Financial Assistance Hub

Resources to help you understand your options if you're struggling financially.

Learn more

Mental health support services

There are services available to assist with any stress or anxiety about financial issues, such as Lifeline and Beyond Blue

Deferring your personal loan repayments.

We've put together some information about taking some time out from your personal loan for up to one month.

Defer your repayments

Deferring a home loan repayment.

Can’t make your next repayment? Let us know – we can help defer the repayment for up to one month.

Learn more about repayments

Using a financial counsellor or representative.

If you’d prefer, we can discuss your request for hardship assistance with a nominated representative, such as a financial counsellor, advisor, community worker or solicitor.

Hardship assistance support
Did you find this page useful?
We're sorry, please tell us why?
Please leave your feedback before submitting.
Please note: This form is for website feedback, so enquiries won't reach our customer service team. If you need to get in touch, call or email us here.
Thanks for giving ME feedback.